We have had a very interesting few days. Dustin's birthday was so much fun. We spent the day just hanging out together. It was nice to just relax. We then headed over to his sister Destry's house for a delicious dinner (provided by Chiz's) and a awesome party with friends and family.
D'laney got her mission call that day and was able to open it that night, which was so fun and exciting to watch. She is going to the Bulgaria Sofia Mission! She will do great there, but it's so weird that she will be leaving. We are going to miss her. So all in all it was a great day!
Sorry if this next part is too much information, but I woke up the next morning started getting ready and noticed that I was bleeding a little bit, which of course this being my first pregnancy and already being paranoid about everything freaked me out, but I decided to wait and see if it stopped before I panicked for real. But a hour later it still hadn't stopped and I decided that I needed to call the doctor. The nurse told me I was probably fine and I just needed to watch it for a while and take it easy for the day.
Finally Dustin came home and over dinner he says "my jaw feels really tired," but he figured it was just some weird thing that would be gone by morning. However the next morning I woke up to "just so you know I can't close my eye and the whole right side of my face doesn't really move." And so of course as I have mentioned being the paranoid pregnant woman that I am, I freaked out and called the doctor, who informed me that it could be one of two things, Bells Palsy or he had had a minor stroke, and in either case we need to go to the ER. So freaked out but trying to act calm because Dustin says that I freak out too much we drive up to the ER and come to find out that he has Bells Palsy. They don't know the case but they think it is when a nerve on the side of your face is infected causing some paralysis. It lasts 3-6 months, but Dustin is taking some medication so hopefully it won't be that long.
So all in all we are both fine just tired and in my case stressed and a little freaked out. We are really hoping for a nice calm boring week!
Mirror Redo
9 years ago

5 comments:
So we mocked Dustin about his palsy all night, so hopefully it does go away or I'll feel like a jerk. :) You guys are awesome to do everything you do!
Oh my goodness. . . I feel so bad for Dustin! That sounds like no fun at all. I'm glad you are both okay though!
Poor Duffin! I'm with Des on this... hope it goes away so i don't feel like a monster!!
And I'm so glad your pregnancy is still going strong... all that stress of WORKING long and hard hours... hmmmmm... you should quit? :)
emergency room fun. speaking from experience as of late, i am empathetic to the max. hopefully things get better soon. maybe another trip to disneyland is in order? (oh, and take dan and i with....will definitely cure the problem.....:) )
Glad you are both feeling better. I'm sure this week will be a better one. We love you!
Post a Comment