Monday, March 4, 2013

February

This February, Valentines Day holiday, was so fun.  To start off our holiday, Dustin gave me one of the best gifts a mother can ask for.....sleep.  He built a fort/tent in the living room the night before and him and Archer slept in it together so I could have some uninterrupted sleep the night before Valentines day and the day after.  It was blissful.  We had a pizza, ice cream, and movie party the night before the 14th, and then had a romantic breakfast that morning.  I spent over an hour decorating after Archer went to sleep and when I woke up the it had all fallen down.  Oh well E for effort.  
Dustin also suprised me with a overnight stay at the Destinations Inn in Idaho Falls.  It could not have come at a better time.  I have only left Archer once overnight and was so ready to have a kid free evening and morning.  So thanks to the combined efforts of my mom who watched Archer before my sister Heather came home, Heather who watching him in the evening and overnight, and Tammie who watched him from the time Heather went to work until we came back, we were able to go and relax and sleep.  I take advantage of doing things like eating without having to share or being touched, sleeping without getting woken up, or doing nothing and not feeling guilty.  And the fact that I got to do all these things with Dustin made them even sweeter. 
Archer has become so busy.  I feel like I am trying to always keep up or clean up after my little tornado.  His latest games are building birthday cakes out of cans for everyone and singing happy birthday.  He was really angry one day that I wouldn't put candles on his cake, so we put candles in his dinner instead.
  He is constantly climbing jumping and running everywhere.  We play animals, mostly tigers, which is how his face got eaten off and Dustin wrapped his face like this. 
The new animal that we pretend to be is beavers.  It is funny, but his idea of how a beaver is, is a little more angry and wild than I thought it would be.  This is him being a beaver "eating people", which is what he claims they eat.  Poor Dustin he never had a chance. 
 

2 comments:

RileyDestry said...

Oh my gosh, I miss that kid. Hinder and him would have such a ball together right now. We need to just make a trip and see you guys SOON. It's been too long!

Margaret said...

So cute! I'm glad I have kids who take pictures and then share them. Love that boy!